Encouraging Women Today

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The testimony of one woman can be an encouragement to another. A dear friend of mine has agreed to share her testimony believing that someone will read it and know God is real and cares deeply about where you are right now.

Many years ago, early in our marriage, we almost got divorced. I wanted to reconcile but my husband thought there was no point. The day he went to court to finalize the divorce, I did not even go. I was praying every moment that God would intervene. I was very desperate and called our church to get an appointment to talk to the pastor. The church secretary said that he was busy but she could connect me with someone else. At that moment the pastor picked up on the line and said that God spoke to him to talk in person to the person who was calling.

I went in to talk to the pastor, we prayed and I left with such sadness over the situation but joy in my heart knowing God was with me no matter what. At the very time of the meeting was the time of the hearing. My husband told the lawyer that he had decided not to go through with the divorce. The lawyer was very surprised because my husband had been adamant about no counseling or reconciliation attempt. We worked things out and we are together—30 some years later and I thank God everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home