Encouraging Women Today

Monday, May 14, 2007

NEXT PLEASE


One of my “dreads” in life is waiting in the Doctor’s office for my turn. When I was in college, I was a receptionist in a Doctor’s office. I would go the door and say: “Next please”. The patient who was next looked up, smiled, left the magazine on the couch and briskly walked to the next waiting room, where they sat still longer. Still no Doctor!

Finally after this process, there is a knock on the door and you say: “yes” and the Doctor enters. We rarely see the Doctor at the time we signed up. I realized that the time “in waiting” was not wasted time; it was part of the process.

Let us look at this process the patient must go through before the Doctor enters with a plan. When the Doctor enters, relief comes and we forget the time in waiting.

1. Call to make an appointment with the Doctor.
2. Getting ready and transport to the office.
3. Signing in at the desk, along with giving all information.
4. Sitting in a room waiting for my name to be called.
5. When the receptionist calls, I am led to another room for continued waiting.
6. Knock on the door.
7. Doctor enters and answers are very close.

If we are sick in body, soul or spirit, we must make the move to go to the doctor. This is a process and each move is of utmost importance. This is the plan:

1. We are experiencing pain and discomfort.
2. We make an appointment with Jesus, our Intercessor
3. “Be still” wait and listen for God’s voice.
4. When you hear the voice, get up and move.
5. The Doctor is in charge now.

I recall a few years back going through this process. There was a huge void in my life. And I was sharing this with my daughter. I was in the waiting room of life. I could not hear my name being called. Tami felt my frustration and asked what I had enjoyed doing in my life the most up to now. I told her being a support wife and raising my children. She went on to give me a direction in life I had never thought of doing.





All of a sudden I heard my name being called. I was getting up and moving from the couch to the next room. She went on to say (as the Doctor entered): “Mom, you need to help and show women what you’ve learned and what has worked for you down through the years” This sounded like music to my ears. I truly enjoyed this time in my life, and I was ready to encourage other women in these areas.

Now, I had the choice of listening to the Doctor’s orders or go back to doing what was not working for me. I chose to listen to the Doctor’s orders, and as a result “Home Improvement” was birthed in our church. I met with families who needed encouragement and coaching.

WE ALWAYS MAKE THE FIRST MOVE, THEN GOD.




Serving Him,

SHARON

Sharon Lebsack
sharonkaylebsack@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home