Encouraging Women Today

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

PAIN IS UNFAIR


How many times have we said “PAIN IS NOT FAIR”? The other day I was thinking: “Sharon, haven’t you learned by now!” Then I thought about so many of God’s chosen leaders who have gone through much pain in life and came out of it victoriously. There was David, Joseph, Abraham, Elijah, Moses and Jesus Christ Himself. These men of God were affected in Body, Soul and Spirit, along with experiencing losses in life.
PAIN WILL CHANGE YOUR CONDITION, have you noticed that? If we will allow it to, PAIN will glorify Christ, and help us to become Christ like. Nothing is a coincidence in life. In my younger years, I thought everything had to be perfect if we were living a righteous life. Then I began to realize, it is those PAINFUL circumstances that mold us into God’s perfect plan. PAIN will draw us to God or away from Him! The choice is ours! PAIN has a way of getting us to the right position. Will you allow PAIN to lead you to HIS PURPOSE? If you’re like me, I have to keep reminding myself of God’s way.
Our human side tends to follow a different direction:
1. Whine and complain.
2. Pray and ask God to make it good for our sake.
3. Lose heart with God, allowing doubt and fear to set in.
4. Keep our minds focused on our painful condition.

Our spiritual side needs to follow God’s plan:

1. Focus on God not on our painful situation.
2. Pray and seek God’s perfect will, then accepting it.
3. Think on things that are good, uplifting and wholesome.
4. Keep our minds focused on God, allowing Him to lead, direct and guide.


“FOR IT IS COMMENDABLE IF A MAN BEARS UP UNDER THE PAIN OF UNJUST SUFFERING BECAUSE HE IS CONSCIOUS OF GOD.” I PETER 2:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home