Encouraging Women Today

Sunday, May 20, 2007

CONQUERING MY THOUGHTS!

The Word tells us in Proverbs 23:7 "FOR AS A PERSON THINKS IN HIS HEART, SO HE IS..." Our mind is the leader or forerunner of all actions. Our actions are a direct result of our thoughts.

This past week, I received some devastating news and I thought my heart would break. My mind raced with thoughts of doubt, fear and discouragement. I have found down through the years that these type of thoughts do me nor anyone else any good. POSITIVE MINDS PRODUCE POSITIVE LIVES. NEGATIVE MINDS PRODUCE NEGATIVE LIVES.

I have found that for everything I try to get rid of in my life, I must find a REPLACEMENT for it. Let's say if I want to stop smoking, I must find a replacement. A friend of mine was saying, "yes, that happened to her, and she replaced cigarettes with food". That's not a good replacement. What might be a good replacement would be exercise, carrots, celery. Doesn't sound fun, does it, but it works and a good replacement is necessary.

So when we have negative thoughts and worry sets in, we need to replace it with POSITIVE thoughts. We need to go to God's Word and find promises that will give us hope. A good one for me is Isaiah 43:2 "WHEN YOU PASS THROUGH THE WATERS, I WILL BE WITH YOU AND THROUGH THE RIVERS, THEY WILL NOT OVERWHELM YOU. WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE FIRE, YOU WILL NOT BE BURNED OR SCORCHED, NOR WILL THE FLAME KINDLE UPON YOU."

Lou Holtz, former Notre Dame coach made the statement: LIFE IS NEVER AS BAD AS IT SEEMS, NOR AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS, BUT LIFE IS SOMEWHERE INBETWEEN. It is hard to REPLACE negative thoughts with positive thoughts when we are hurting, but it works.
1. STOP thinking negatively.
2. Take CONTROL of your thoughts immediately.
3. START thinking you are going to make it.
4. Do NOT give up!
5. CHOOSE life-generating thoughts.





O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home