Encouraging Women Today

Monday, July 02, 2007

LOOKING BEYOND YOURSELF

The other day I was presenting a request to Jesus who is my Intercessor. A thought crossed my mind that stopped me in my tracks. First of all I was trying to word my request without “begging” or out of selfish gain. I tried to pray “May Your Will Be Done.” Then doubt clouded my brow with a statement in my mind: “I don’t see how this prayer can be answered.”
My lack of faith started bringing confusion. What I was asking for was a need, not a desire. I couldn’t remember anything in scripture that would suggest that this was out of God’s will. I just didn’t know what God’s will was at this time in my life.
As I continued in this vein of thinking, I realized I was limiting God by my own human capabilities.

John 4:10 & 11 explains how we as humans limit God. The Message Bible says it this way: “JESUS ANSWERED THE SAMARATAN WOMAN AT THE WELL, ‘ IF YOU KNOW THE GENEROSITY OF GOD AND WHO I AM, YOU WOULD BE ASKING ME FOR A DRINK AND I WOULD GIVE YOU, FRESH, LIVING WATER.’ THE WOMAN SAID, ‘SIR, YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A BUCKET TO DRAW WITH, THE WELL IS DEEP.’”
I love this story because Jesus doesn’t need a bucket as we would and it matters not how deep the well or how large our request. What is it that you are requesting:
A JOB?
MONEY TO PAY BILLS?
HEALING IN YOUR BODY?
PEACE AND JOY?
A SPIRITUAL RENEWAL?
POWER OVER ADDICTIONS?
DEPRESSION?
A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP?

DON’T TALK YOURSELF OUT OF ANSWERS FROM GOD BECAUSE OF YOUR LIMITATIONS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home