Encouraging Women Today

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

HOW IS IT GOING?

I want to remind you to give yourself a check of attitudes and actions that live up to God and to yourself. At the beginning of the year there was a list of suggestions that I want to remind all of us to "check".

1.I will live through this day only! I will not brood about yesterday nor obsess about tomorrow.
2.I will be happy! I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me.
3.I will accept what is, I will face reality, I will correct those things I can correct, and accept those I cannot.
4.I will improve my mind, I will read something that requires thought and concentration.
5.I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will strive to be kind, gentle, patient, loving and forgiving.
6.I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.
7.I will do something positive to improve my health.
8.I will strive to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.
9.I will open my eyes to someone who I can encourage today.
10.I will not forget to pray to Jesus Christ for my family, my country, and my spiritual growth.

Some of you may recognize part of this list from the original credo of Al-Anon.

Each one of us need to be reminded of what brings happiness and joy to our lives.

Dear Heavenly Father:

I thank you for who you are in my life. Forgive me for allowing circumstances, people and trials to forget who you are as my Savior, Lord and King. My desire is to follow your leading, direction and guidance which comes from The Word. I want to do better in following your teachings and commands for my life. I need your help in getting to a place where I am content in all that I do and say.

In Jesus' Name I pray Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home