Encouraging Women Today

Sunday, April 22, 2007

HE PROMISED NEVER TO LEAVE ME ALONE


My mother use to sing a song to me from the time she rocked me as an infant, until the time I could talk and say: “sing, Never Alone”.

The words go like this:

NO NEVER ALONE, ALONE;
NO NEVER ALONE;
HE PROMISED NEVER TO LEAVE ME,
NEVER TO LEAVE ME ALONE.

Little did my mother know why that particular song came to her mind, to sing to a baby. Three years later, my brother, my mother’s only son died of cancer. I watched my mother’s broken heart reach out to the one who promised NEVER TO LEAVE HER ALONE.

I’ve never forgotten that song, and was reminded of it this morning as I meditated on the goodness of God down through the years. My mother left me with a faith and trust that I WOULD NEVER BE ALONE. There are times I’ve challenged this promise, I must believe because that’s my HOPE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home