Encouraging Women Today

Monday, April 02, 2007

RED SEA JOURNEY

The Red Sea Journey to me is “up against a brick wall” meaning:
NO WAY OUT
YOU’VE DONE ALL YOU CAN DO
YOU ARE NO LONGER YOUR SOURCE
YOU HAVE 2 CHOICES: STAND STILL OR RUN
We came up against a “Red Sea” this past month, and had a chance to prove God.
Down through the years, God has given us many opportunities to prove Him and His Word. As humans (of which we are, and then women to boot) we tend to: panic, be fearful, doubt, blame, get angry, then we fall into helplessness and depression. All of these are to be deleted.

I was reminded of the great story of the Red Sea Miracle in Exodus 12:31-14:14. To refresh your memory, the Israelites had been set free of slavery and were being led by Moses to a Land of Milk and Honey. But on the way, while being chased by the armed Egyptians, they came to the Red Sea and could not go forward nor backward. Well I guess they could have gone back into slavery, of which they suggested to Moses. Moses told them: “DO NOT BE AFRAID”. There were four steps God had laid out for them to follow, and I want to suggest you do the same as you face your “Red Sea Experiences”.

1. Do Not Be Afraid
2. Stand Still
3. Watch
4. Keep Silent (stop talking and complaining)
5. The Lord Will Fight For You

After the kicking, screaming, complaining, blaming and anger - exhaustion takes place. Then God comes to our rescue, at least that’s what happened to me. I finally got to a place where I heard His still small voice saying: “JUST STAY CALM AND WATCH ME WORK ON YOUR BEHALF.” This is hard to do because we ALWAYS want it OUR WAY.

Dear Heavenly Father:
Forgive my unbelief and doubt that you are always looking out for me in this life. I want to get to the place where I can see each and every Red Sea experience turning into a Miraculous Adventure. I know you will give me the strength, wisdom and power to face these life experiences. There are no setbacks or no mistakes if we have turned our lives over to YOU. Thank you for believing in me and loving me in a way no one on this earth ever could.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen

Love, Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home