Encouraging Women Today

Sunday, March 30, 2008

MY LIFE/ YOUR WILL

Why does it take so long to get to where we want to be in life as a believer? The pieces of the puzzle start to take place, we think we've found the key, then "zap", we've lost it! A circumstance, loss or disappointment steal our hope and trust! TRUSTING IS AN ACT OF WORSHIP! Trusting God completely means having faith that as my life unfolds, God knows exactly what He is doing.
We do have a Road Map, but are we trying to figure it out without the instructions? Last week I had to purchase a new sewing machine. The sales lady said these words: "I do have instructions, but I have a hard time reading them, so I just try to figure it out myself." And that is exactly what took place in the store. A beautiful sewing machine was sitting in front of us and all I wanted to do was to see how to thread the bobbin and how to thread the machine. It took us 45 minutes to do this (without the manual). Oh yes we got there, but it took so long, and never found out how to stop the needle from going "up and down" while threading the bobbin. I DID BUY THE MACHINE! (in spite of the fact.) When I got home, I got out the manual and in 1 minute found out exactly how to perform this simple act in preparation for sewing. THE SECRET WAS READING THE MANUAL!

STUDY (read the Bible) TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED! THEN PUT INTO PRACTICE WHAT THE MANUAL SAYS AND COMMANDS!

I didn't say it was easy and I didn't say we wouldn't have to release "our will and our way". God's ways always work, His Word always works, and our wills are always being tested. Submit your ways to God and He will take care of every avenue in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home