Encouraging Women Today

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Hi Girls:

I'm been following Rhonda in her fighting cancer over the past year. She sent me her latest update last week. Many of you are going through circumstances that seem impossible, but may your faith arise as you read Rhonda's testimony:

Hello,

I wanted to update you and let you know that I came through surgery on Nov. 21st just fine. The surgery lasted 3 1/2 hours and I slept like a baby right through it (thank God for great anesthesiologists)! I was in recovery for 5 1/2 hours and then was released to go home that same evening. I pretty much slept the following 3 days straight, but did wake up long enough to enjoy a yummy Thanksgiving meal that my mom prepared for me. I had Josh and Brooke home from college for a few days and they took good care of me. Brooke sat her alarm every 4 hours around the clock to give me my meds. It is times like these that I have confirmation that I did well in raising my kids. I know that we all question our skill sets in that area from time to time, asking ourselves, am I being a good example? Was I too harsh in my discipline or too lenient? I've spent a lot of time on my knees giving my kids over to God through the years and I guess as a parent that will never end. Physically, I'm feeling better each and everyday. I will be able to return to work on Monday.

Rhonda

May each of you look forward to the Christmas Season as our minds go back to the wonderful gift God gave to the world in His Son, Jesus Christ.

Love, Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home