Encouraging Women Today

Saturday, December 29, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I can hardly believe another year has come and gone. As I think back over this past year, there is so much to be thankful for in our family. There have been some very big challenges, but as God has promised, He was with us every step of the way. Perhaps things haven't gone how we might have chosen, but as Rick Warren has said: "It's not about me, it's about God".

My family accuses me of saving everything from years ago, it's true! I ran across a list of seven suggestions that I'm sharing with you as you go into 2008.

1. NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT YOU PERMIT.
2. THE PROBLEM THAT INFURIATES YOU THE MOST IS THE PROBLEM GOD HAS ASSIGNED YOU.
3. THOSE WHO UNLOCK YOUR COMPASSION ARE THOSE TO WHO YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED.
4. THE SECRET OF YOUR FUTURE IS HIDDEN IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE. (do something you hate to create something you love)
5. WHAT YOU MAKE HAPPEN FOR OTHERS GOD WILL MAKE HAPPEN FOR YOU.
6. YOUR WORTH IS DETERMINED BY THE KINDS OF PROBLEMS YOU SOLVE. (Problems are the key to your significance...people who are failures aren't solving anybody's problems. You never miss an employee who didn't solve problems).
7. WHEN YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER HAD, YOU'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER DONE.

Dear Heavenly Father:

As I look forward to what you have assigned for me in 2008, I ask you for wisdom, guidance and a positive attitude. I pray that I will always put you first, seek your will, and be an example for those around me. I need your Holy Spirit to lead, direct and guide in all I do. Thank you for family and friends who stand with me in love, support and prayer.

In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Everyone - How far do you think we would get without the Holy Spirit. Also God and The Lord Jesus Christ. I would not stand a chance in this life if I did not lean totally upon the precious Holy Three. Luv ya and make 2008 a good year as I am going to try and do. - Arlene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home