Encouraging Women Today

Monday, January 22, 2007

I was thinking about a request that I have been praying for several weeks. Our 6 week old grand son has had colic and at times cried for hours. I was talking this over with one of my daughters who happened to be out of town at a convention. In about an hour she called me back with a suggested solution that a friend of hers had shared. It seemed this solution might help. We will see.

The Spirit of God spoke to my heart this morning in my devotions. I realized all of my prayers were for deliverance and relief from this situation. I needed to start thanking God for the good things and blessing them, and all else would become small and workable. I started reading about the Feeding of the 5,000, when Jesus had a life lesson for His disciples. There was a serious need, the crowd was hungry and there was no food. Jesus told them to take the food they had, bless it, and the rest would come. This was not a problem for Jesus, because he had supplied manna and quail to feed hundreds of thousands. As they blessed the pitiful lunch of 5 loaves and 2 fishes, the answer came, the crowd was fed and the disciples learned a lesson. Can I learn from this? Maybe yes, maybe no. I would love to, because as long as we are on this earth we have life challenges and needs. We have a God who is capable of taking anything we have and multiplying it into whatever is needed.

We need FRIENDS to share, care and pray with us. How powerful it is for our family to share our requests with each other. We know we have prayerful support, love and council. God intended us to take what we have to help those who are in need. The disciples learned a lesson from Jesus when He said "FEED MY SHEEP". He could literally feed them food, but He wanted them to share the living manna from heaven. Perhaps some of your friends, relatives or neighbors are starving for love, for peace, for joy, for purpose for eternal life - FEED them what you've been given.

Our Heavenly Father: You know the needs that lay so heavily upon my heart. I ask your help in releasing them to you. Give me the strength and wisdom to see the good that I have and bless it. I need a friend who will give me understanding, council and prayerful support. Thank you. In Jesus' name. Amen

1 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
    What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
    O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
    All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

    Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
    We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
    Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
    Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

    Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
    Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
    Do your friends despise, forsake you? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
    In His arms He’ll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.

    Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear
    May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer.
    Soon in glory bright unclouded there will be no need for prayer
    Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home