Encouraging Women Today

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

IT’S NOT ABOUT ME, IT’S ABOUT GOD.

This past week I had the privilege of visiting with three of my very good friends. One of them go way back to Jr. High School. We met at different times and shared experiences that have changed our lives.

Most of us have had dreams and plans that perhaps have taken unexpected turns in life. My friend from Jr. High School invited me to a luncheon in memory of her oldest son, who died four years ago in an accidental death. It was never meant for children to go before parents, but it happens sometimes. My friend had accepted Christ into her life a few years ago, and had been praying for her family to do the same. This unexpected turn was devastating and she had many questions for God . We talked long distance during this sad time, trying to fit it all together. Finally one day I told her that God knew she needed to know her son was in Heaven, so ask Him to give her a sign. Several months later, she called me on Mother’s Day and said God had given her a sign, and she felt her prayers had been answered.

Not long after her son’s death, her daughter fell down a flight of stairs and broke her neck. Fortunately, through medical science, God and determination, this daughter pulled through with very few complications. She started drinking heavily and ended up at a rehab center. It looked as if God had forsaken my friend again. But through these circumstances, the daughter found God and has taken a right turn.

When it seems things are not going well, and we’ve turned everything over to God, He will work things out in His time and in His way. As in Joseph’s life in the book of Genesis, it seemed God had turned His back on Joseph, but it was only the beginning for a great turn of events.

I know it’s hard when things aren’t going well, when you feel all alone and forsaken. But keep trusting because it’s not about “our plans”, it’s about God’s. It’s not about “my visions and dreams”, it’s about God’s for my life. My part is to accept Him as my Savior and then allow Him to direct my path. One of my favorite bible verses is: “TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, LEAN NOT TO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING, IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AND HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATH.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home