Encouraging Women Today

Saturday, September 09, 2006

HOW MUCH STRAIN TO GET TO GAIN?

As we continue looking at "No Strain-No Gain". Have you ever felt trapped in your adversity of strain, and it was almost more than you could endure? One of my "new found" friends has been in a "strain journey" for a couple of years. I've watched this dear lady battle different physical attacks to her body with a determination to win. She will not give in to the STRAIN and PAIN. I've watched four ways my friend practices winning that have inspired not only me, but many others.

1. She goes to the Word and to God as her source and strength.
2. She has become part of a Support Group.
3. She is always looking for ways to reach out to others who are going through
strain.
4. She looks forward to healing each new day.

She may feel herself slipping, but somehow she pulls herself back up. My friend knows where there is "no strain, there is no gain". We don't know how long this journey will be, but we know there is an end. God is in charge and in control, He will be at our side every step of the way. What an inspiration our friend is to us who love, care and pray for her daily. Thank you my friend!

Click on comment to leave a comment or to view comments.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The old saying goes "You think you have it bad till you see someone else's problem(s)". Going back to this saying makes me feel better about my own situation most of the time 'cause I can always find someone who is much, much worse off than myself. That doesn't mean I don't get discouraged or depressed temporarily, it's just that I remind myself of how bad it could be and find myself becoming "thankful" vs. disappointed. I also remind myself that God has a purpose for allowing me to experience this adverse situation (whatever it may be)and that it will eventually work out for the greater good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home