Encouraging Women Today

Monday, March 29, 2010

If the truth were known, each of us want to be at a place where the path between God and "us" is clear. There is a tool which I spoke about a year ago and I want to share it with you as our hearts turn toward our Savior at this Season.

Saul was God’s tool to prepare David for the throne. In the book “Tale of Three Kings”, Edwards explains it this way:
1. Saul is in all of our bloodstreams.
2. David would have grown to become King Saul II, if not for God’s intervention.
3. God used an OUTER SAUL to make sure the INNER SAUL did not ruin David.
4. If David had not been broken (by God), the Saul inside him would have survived.

It took me years to recognize the tools that God used to try to mold my life into a life that could be used of God. There are many things that stand in the way of this procedure: PRIDE, ANGER, BITTERNESS, UNFORGIVENESS, MY WILL, MY WAYS, SIN, and I’m sure you can name a few that stand in your way. I finally realized that difficult situations, difficult people, disappointments, and difficult challenges were the tools God would use.

We make the CHOICE of becoming like Saul or like David. Only YOU know where you stand, and only I know where I stand in this choice. If I choose to take David’s way, I must take some steps to get there.

DAVID NEVER SPOKE IN ANGER
HE NEVER LIFTED A HAND AGAINST SAUL
HE HAD LESS NOW THEN WHEN HE WAS A SHEPHERD
HE SANG A LOT
HE PRAYED A LOT
HIS PERSONALITY CHANGED
HE TALKED LESS
HE LOVED GOD MORE
DAVID SAID: “BETTER HE KILL ME, THEN I LEARN HIS WAYS”

Father: Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee. Search my heart, teach me and train me in recognizing the “tools” you are using to mold my life. May I go to your Word to find “Your ways” of going through this time in my life. May I be an example and encouragement to others on this journey. In Jesus Name, Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home