Encouraging Women Today

Thursday, January 07, 2010

We are all on a journey, some are in the midst of turmoil, still others have gone from the Valley up to the Mountain Top. A friend of our daughter wrote the following poem with thoughts from God's Word. Judy's husband is fighting for his life, say a prayer for Keith today.

I am cracked,
But I am not broken.

I am bruised,
But I am not bleeding.

I am splintered,
Yet I am whole.

Because of who He is.

For under my cracks
Is the Foundation,
The Foundation that cannot be shaken.

Under my bruises
Is the One who heals,
The Healer who holds my pain.

And under my splinters
There is a smoothness,
Brought about by the One who calms.

In His perfect timing.

I am tired,
But He gives me strength.

I am weak,
Then He fills my cup.

I get scared,
And He comforts me.

Because I am His child.

I am pressed,
But not oppressed.

I am pushed,
But to a deeper level.

I stumble
And fall in His arms.

Because He is there.

He is always there.

I smile
Because I am not alone.

I laugh
Because I am not forsaken.

I have joy
Because there is hope.

This is who He is.

In the midst of pain,
He is with me.

When my path is filled with uncertainty,
He holds my hand and guides me.

Where others only see tragedy,
I see the hands of the Lord.

And He never leaves me.

He asks me to trust
So I will.

He tells me He’s good
And I believe Him.

I have seen this firsthand.

Though the waters are deep
I will not drown.
He will provide me with what is needed.

Though I am unaware of His plan,
I know there is one.
And in that I find comfort.

For He is good.

All things good.

Though not always visible,
The Lord is shaping me.
He is shaping me with His own hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home