Encouraging Women Today

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

AND THE GIFT GOES ON

A GIFT is either GIVEN or RECEIVED

One of the most memorized scriptures is: “FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE…”


Forty-five years ago a Christian lady gave her life to Christ to go to India as a missionary.
Forty-five years ago a Church gave sacrificially to missions so that missionary could go.

A little nine-year old girl gave her heart to Christ in India when this Missionary told her Jesus loved her and died for her sins. When this little girl went home to tell her parents the good news, she was forbidden to return.

This young girl became a woman, got married, gave birth to 3 children in America.

Thirteen years ago a Pastor’s wife who gave her life to Christ in ministry had lost the Joy of the Lord. Sometimes we give of our time & service without being replenished. At this time I once again gave my life over to Christ’s leading.

My next-door neighbor rang our doorbell in the morning asking if I could tell her about God. When she got up that morning she prayed to God this prayer: “If there is a God in heaven, lead me to someone today who can show me how to receive Him into my life once again.” She never forgot that experience as a nine-year-old girl and wanted it again.

I led this troubled woman to God and we prayed together for 2 years every Friday morning. We prayed for her family who did not know Christ as their Savior. Their religion did not believe that God gave His only begotten Son that they might receive
forgiveness of their sins.

Two weeks ago while attending the church my husband and I had pastored for 17 years, a young man came up to me. He told me that he had been our neighbor and his mother was the one that I had prayed with for 2 years for her family to find Christ. His mother and I gave of our time to pray. The Holy Spirit brought conviction and this young man received Christ as His Lord and Savior.

It took 45 years of giving and receiving over and over again for precious souls to find Christ. AND THE GIFT GOES ON. The Joy of the Lord comes through the areas of giving the message. At this Christmas season may the GIFT GO ON IN YOUR LIFE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home