Encouraging Women Today

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

For the past few weeks I've been meditating on a subject matter for a Support Group I facilitate, WEW (Women Encouraging Women). Finally today I feel good about searching God's Word for "Our Fears". I love the scripture from II Timothy 1:7 "FOR GOD DID NOT GIVE US A SPIRIT OF FEAR, BUT A SPIRIT OF POWER, OF LOVE AND OF SELF-DISCIPLINE. I quote this Word many times to myself & others.

There is FEAR of failure, of rejection, lack of security, of financial loss, of destruction and attacks, of losing things I hold dear, even of death. It can also stop me from progressing in: relationships, jobs, growth in Christ and going forward in my Purpose. Fear is talked about close to 75 times in God's Word. We need to study His Word to find out what to do with "FEAR", how to react to it and how to replace it. GOD CHALLENGES US TO EXCHANGE FEAR FOR FAITH.

I could give you illustrations of my own life or point out scripture to console you, BUT I want to challenge you to go to God's Word and check it out for yourself. Then after you find out what God says about Fear, put your Faith into action.

I would suggest that you take these steps:
1. Study God's Word on Fear
2. Talk it over with God
3. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you strength to follow through.
4. Talk it over with a Christian friend or pastor
5. Find or start a support group for encouragement
6. Encourage someone who is struggling with fear, share your experience.

God Bless you as you move forward away from fear and replace it with faith.

Sharon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home